Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dream 01

I once had a dream that took from David Cronenberg's The Fly with Jeff Goldblum. In it, he didn't become a fly creature. Rather, his baboon had fused itself with some DNA from Goldblum's character "Seth Brundle." I was following Brundle through the hallway leading up to his studio when we hear a loud banging on the door. He opens the door to find the baboon jumping wildly about. Bug eyed, Brundle puts his hands out and attempts the calm the crazed primate.
"It's okay, it's okay," Brundle says.
I merely stand by watching in amazement. In the dream, we have assumed that Brundle hasn't spent clearly enough time with the baboon. This leads to Brundle pulling out a deck of cards. He slaps the deck in the palm of his left hand (with his right, of course). He pulls a table up and calls for the baboon to sit across.
"Alright. You wanted some buddy time? You got it."
He pulls a stool over and sits himself comfortably atop the metal seat. He spreads the cards out on the table, preparing the cards for a round of Texas Hold 'Em Poker. The baboon screams wildly and jumps up and down on his appropriate stool. In the meantime, I'm off to the side...observing.
I'm telling you, this was one weird dream. BUT! It was AWESOME! I mean, c'mon. Jeff Goldblum...doing his thing...in my dream. It didn't make much sense to me, but I couldn't give a baboon's ass as to who cared.

That's it.
More dreams to come. I'm still waiting for that Liam Neeson dream...

No comments: