Sunday, February 17, 2008

Discourse

The bug has bitten me
Twice shy and I feel the pain
Picking the scabs and pouring salt
I’m clinging for a bag of air
Like a Hindu cow I wish to see
Beyond our own mortality
Cosmic eyes see nothing
Nothing more than a speck of dust
To be brushed on a later date
So find me when I’m sailing smooth
For I am the tempest
The storm, the tide
From which destruction I deride
By now my eyes are stained with salt
Crusted from the stormy sea
Battered like chicken wings
I’m weak from all the heat
The mistress calls me back
Breathing upon my neck
Chills me like a hot summer night
And back upon my knees
Letting her poison my soul
Slipping in unnoticed veins
Soon to fell my hungry soul
Opening gaping wounds
I fear the clear skies
Cos I know nothing else
Nothing more than her touch
Her guile, deceit, and betrayal
Misery loves her company
And I’m here to stay
For now my eyes are closed
From blue and sunny skies
How can I ever know Truth
When all she does is Lie?

My chi is off, and I blame you!

No comments: